Welcome to the online module of the Infection Prevention and Control Training.
This module will provide you with theoretical knowledge regarding infection prevention measures when providing any type of healthcare service that involves noninvasive as well as invasive procedures; waste management in healthcare settings; infection prevention and control measures during outbreaks; surveillance of infection control practices and infection prevention measures for minimizing the risk of transmitting serious Hospital Acquired Infections such as HIV, Hepatitis B and C, etc not only among clients but also to service providers, including cleaning and housekeeping personnel. This training module is mainly targeted for nurses working in all types of healthcare facilities.
1. This online module consists of 6 weeks (one module per week) of theoretical instructions, which is a pre-requisite for the 6 weeks Practical Module of the Infection Prevention and Control Training.
2. Each module has sub modules and the participants have to attend to the quizzes after completion of each module. However the result of the quizzes won't be taken into account for further evaluation.
3. Also the participants can look out for meanings and definitions of difficult words or terminologies in the thesaurus section also the participants can go through the given links for further information.
4. This online module has been developed based on the latest guidelines from World Health Organization, CDC and relevant national documents on infection prevention, waste management and various regulations as well.
5. Participants must secure at least 85% in the post-test for successful completion of the online module of Infection Prevention and Control Training to be eligible for the remaining Practical modules.
6. The participants for the practical module will be selected on the basis of merit by the nursing and social security division.
7. The participants are expected to complete the modules timely and on completion of this training the participants will be certified as infection prevention control nurse.